Family and Private Client Legal Secretary - Pontefract - Up to £20,000
Our highly accredited, multi site Client are now recruiting for a secretary to join their busy Pontefract office on a full-time basis. The role is very client focused and the successful candidate will pride themselves on delivering a professional, helpful and friendly service.
The role involves file opening, audio-dictation, reception duties, issuing letters and documents, dealing with incoming post, and answering telephone queries from clients, referrers and other solicitors. The successful candidate will be based on reception, working alongside other secretaries, and will therefore need to enjoy meeting and greeting clients and be able to cope with interruptions and working in a busy environment.
The role will mainly focus on wills & probate and family work but may also involve conveyancing.
Experience as a secretary is essential. The successful applicant will be a quick and accurate worker and be able to follow instructions carefully while dealing with a high volume of work. There will be a great deal of client contact, both face to face and on the telephone, so a good level of spoken English and a professional, friendly manner are essential. The successful applicant will be a team player with a flexible, 'can-do’ attitude
To provide secretarial support to fee earners in the practice.
- Reception duties
- Audio and some copy typing to fee earners’ specification
- Producing documents from the Case Management system
- Management of the files under the fee earner’s direction from opening files to preparing them for archiving
- Liaising with clients and other parties on behalf of fee earners and dealing with enquiries as appropriate
- Liaising with the Accounts department to produce cheques, pay disbursements etc.
- Filing, photocopying, collating of documents and other clerical duties
- Maintaining diaries and making appointments when required
- Checking Legal Aid payments and distribution thereof
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
- Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm
Key Skills - Essential
- Typing skills of 65 wpm
- Good keyboard skills
- Literate and numerate
- Ability to work accurately in accordance with the requirements of the team
- Ability to deal with enquiries in a professional, friendly and effective manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as a member of a team
Experience - Essential
Secretarial experience in family and/or wills & probate
Please apply by contacting Liz at TSR Legal