Do you believe the world deservesexcellence?
Reporting to the Online Technology Group Development Manager, this leadership role is responsible for managing and coordinating the development resources that support and maintain our Online Publishing Products and Services, whilst helping to define appropriate development methodologies. The incumbent will work with the Online Technology Delivery Team to implement appropriate methodologies and adhere to best practices, set the structure and strategy for the development team and its toolsets, align team and cross-team behaviours with the Online Project and Support and Maintenance functions and all aspects of adherence to a disciplined Software Development Life Cycle.
This role will manage all the operational aspects of the development team to ensure business, project and product objectives are met. It will provide administrative, technical, and people leadership for multiple, diverse, and sometimes geographically distributed teams. The Development Lead will be responsible for providing feedback to the team and individuals on their performance. Additionally, the Development Lead will coach and guide teams to enable future success.
We are seeking an experienced Development Lead with the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field.
- Management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required, preferably in an information delivery environment.
- Strong experience working through the complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Enterprise application development experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong leadership, resource management, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Good development experience in Java, .net or other development frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience in running with various project methodologies including agile, scrum and waterfall principles.
- Experience in solving complex and large-scale software problems.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary from £60,000 per annum (depending on experience), up to 15% annual bonus, 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
As the leading global business standards company BSI helps over 80,000 clients worldwide to improve their businesses. From business continuity to recycling waste, from medical devices to the exploration of space, we help businesses embed the habits of excellence so that they perform better, manage their risks more effectively and achieve sustainable growth and in doing so we touch the lives of many across the globe.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our IT team in Chiswick, West London.