Product Designer – Gloucester
Our client, a world renowned packaging group is seeking a Product Designer to be based at their site in Gloucester. This is an excellent entry level opportunity for a keen and ambitious Product Designer to make their mark in a global business. You will work closely with the commercial and production teams to develop and deliver innovative structural packaging solutions across a wide range of industries including automotive, pharmaceutical, and retail. We are looking for someone who appreciates the collaborative nature of the product design function and wants to make it a core function for the business.
We are looking for an individual with excellent problem solving and communication skills to work actively on client projects to create structural designs and respond promptly to the changing priorities and demands of customers. The successful candidate will need strong organisation skills to liaise with the Sales, Quality Control, and Production departments to ensure the product is ‘Right First Time’ for the customer. You must have the drive to go the extra mile for customers and to develop innovative solutions in a deadline driven environment.
- Interpreting design briefs from the Commercial team & Customers
- Developing solutions from first concept through to production drawings and providing all necessary technical support for customers
- Revisiting existing products to improve performance or production processes
- New product development activities
- Producing prototypes
- Testing & validating your ideas
- Providing information to the commercial team to generate prices
- Creating and maintaining print ready artwork
- Specifying and ordering production tooling
- Working with the procurement department to source quotes and samples from suppliers
- Ensuring all production data and documents are kept current
- Liaising with the Sales Team and customers to set realistic schedules for design and artwork approvals
- A degree in relevant Product/Industrial design, packaging/graphic design or equivalent
- Excellent design skills, CAD, sketching, layout, prototyping, and problem solving abilities
- A strong creative streak and a generator of new ideas
- A desire to explore new concepts and think ‘outside the box’
- The drive to explore new solutions both individually and collaboratively
- A proactive and engaging attitude to the people and environment around them
- Highly motivated – taking ownership of projects and problems whilst remaining responsive to feedback and commercial priorities
- Software tools, CAD (ArtiosCAD and/or Solidworks preferred) Illustrator and Photoshop
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes and how they influence design and production
If you are interested in this opportunity please provide a CV, cover letter, and a short portfolio of your work.
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.