Financial Accountant Assistant FC
As Number Two to the Financial Controller in a highly dynamic working environment you will provide financial reporting and accounting support across all aspects of the finance function.
The business are a growing, private equity backed organisation at the larger end of the SME scale! They have a track record of hiring high potential individuals and progressing them through the organisation, and in fact there is a strong element off succession planning within this role.
- General ledger accounting.
- Monthly financial reporting including cost and revenue analysis, company accruals & prepayments.
- Assistance with monthly management account reporting to the Finance Director.
- Review and interrogation of monthly management accounts.
- Monthly reconciliations of general ledger codes under your responsibility including the bank reconciliation.
- Treasury management, ensuring accurate banking and covenant reporting. Cash flow projections and management.
- Margin analysis across all income streams.
- Return on investment (ROI) appraisal on marketing initiatives & promotional activity.
- Statutory accounts production.
- Corporate governance responsibility, monitoring and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, e.g. HMRC, Pensions, etc.
- Budgeting including regular reporting and reviews with various Head of Department.
- Facilitating audit from various parties including external audit & the bank.
- Management of expenses process for the company.
- Support in improving finance processes and procedures.
- Involvement with adhoc reporting and assignments.
- Reports directly to the Financial Controller.
- Collaborative working with all areas of Finance, Payroll, HR, Buying, Transport, Marketing, Sales and Senior Management.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with branch staff, sales representatives and all other areas of the operational teams.
- Provide an efficient and effective response to financial queries from all areas of the business.
- Ensure financial reporting is provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Highly competent in MS Excel.
- Experience in using management information reporting systems, preferably IBM Cognos.
- A broad understanding of the industry and the businesses product portfolio.
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Highly Self Motivated.
This role will pay a competitive basic salary for a newly-qualified candidate