Finance Business Partner
Alexander Daniels is currently partnering with a leading, global retail firm headquartered in Shropshire for the recruitment of a Finance Business Partner. This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified accountant looking to gain further experience in a highly commercial role.
My client is a firm of colossal stature, a dominant force in the financial services arena. The successful candidate will manage departmental delivery of objectives to the Finance Manager and relevant internal and external customers in all aspects of financial responsibility. You will also deliver operational process improvement and change management within the department and across functionally.
Despite a rigorous focus on quality orientation and profitability, the firm still retains a co-operative and sociable atmosphere, wherein every employee is valued, whether a contractor or permanent member of staff. In this role you will:
- Application of commercial and financial knowledge to influence operational outcomes and deliver results to the Finance managers and relevant business functions.
- Challenge the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported.
- Management of resource to ensure all departmental deliverables are defined and delivered accurately and of requisite quality in line with customer timetables.
- Responsible for driving and embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
- Understand and manage the Risk and Control framework that the business operates.
- Develop, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and key business stakeholder.
- Define and operationally improve the financial processes, models and systems - challenge, develop and implement improvements in efficiency and quality.
- Proactively drive continuous end to end improvement of the business model in the department to ensure both financial accuracy and correct customer outcome.
- Define and deliver operational MI to executive stakeholders, that drives and influences business action and cross functional understanding as well as process improvement.
- Application of subject matter expertise within Finance, through appropriate engagement with stakeholders to drive long term improvement to operational models.
- Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation and to external stakeholders.
- Management of direct and indirect staff in delivering BAU service and management of staff performance.
We are looking for a newly qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with a track record of both undertaking core accounting work and business partnering. You must possess strong communication skills and experience of stakeholder management.
On offer is a salary of up to £50,000 dependant on experience plus bonus and excellent benefits.