Position: Test Technician
Location: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 (Dependent on Experience)
If you are self-motivated, comfortable working in a fast paced environment, with a knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or electronic equipment, then we would love to hear from you.
Our client is a leading global supplier of security inspection systems. Since 1993, they have installed over 70,000 products in more than 100 countries. Their systems are in use at airports, government and corporate buildings, postal facilities, military zones, sea ports and border crossings. With their experience, dedication and customer support, they provide innovative and dependable security solutions to their customers worldwide.
The Test Technician Role:
The main purpose of this Test Technician role is to conduct testing, repairing & fault finding of all Cargo mobile, portal and fixed x-ray equipment following documented procedures.
Key Responsibilities of the Test Technician:
- Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instrument, sub-assemblies & final systems
- Determine and develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams
- Perform rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing
- Prepare technical reports summarising findings and recommending solutions to technical problems
- Identity drawing discrepancies and review with engineering for correction to include ECR submittal of changes
- Assist operations and engineering as needed to support customer products shipments and new product development prototypes as directed by Operations Leadership
- Feedback to Engineering, Product Line Management and QA as part of our continuous improvement programme
- As requested, travel within the United States to oversee subassembly processing, assist with hardware delivery and/or customer integration/acceptance
- Attend weekly or special project meetings
- Provide and review inputs to develop technical test procedures
- Continuously develop skills through education, training, observations, and mentoring
Skills & Experience Required:
- A strong communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to articulate both the Product and Process to any Customer or Programme Stakeholder
- Have the ability to process complex systems and logically work through problems
- Must have experience in a production environment and in particular in a test function involving Testing, Repairing & Fault Finding to component level
- Flexible during times of change and reacts to project adjustments promptly and efficiently
- Must be self-motivated and work well under pressure
- Ability to interpret and understand circuit diagrams and drawings
- Must possess the ability to work without direct supervision
- Strong aptitude to learn
- Ability to occasional work extended and/or unsociable hours
- A recognised qualification in an Electronics discipline
- 17th Edition electrical qualification
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, electronic equipment or complex multi-disciplined equipment or systems, or knowledge of HV Systems i.e. Radar or Medical
- Ability to load firmware and software upgrades
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Test Technician position, simply apply via the button shown.
Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: Test Technician, Testing, Repair, Fault, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, HV, Circuit, Calibration, QA, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.