We are a highly successful consultancy business within the Food & Beverage/Supply Chain/FMCG and Hospitality sectors. Due to our continued success and growth we are now seeking a Buyer who has a minimum of 1 years’ experience working within a purchasing role. Preferably you will have worked in a food and/or beverage buying role however we will consider applicants from other industries. If you are looking to carve yourself a career in buying and have the ambition to progress to a Purchasing Manager we would like to hear from you.
You will need to have experience in all or some of the following:
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, predominately food and beverages;
- Liaising with clients, including attending meetings with Head Chefs and Project Managers;
- Managing supplier performance, contracts and renewals;
- Negotiating and implementing new contracts and ensuring supply arrangements have a firm legal base;
- Monitoring and reporting changing conditions/trends in the market; and
- Building relationships with suppliers and clients.
- Excellent negotiator;
- Sound food & beverage knowledge (preferably);
- Strategic thinker;
- Able to work to tight deadlines;
- Great telephone and face to face communication skills;
- Excellent level of IT competence including Microsoft Windows Software and in particular Excel;
- Able to work under pressure; and
- Keen to acquire new skills and develop existing ones.
If this sounds like you, please hit the APPLY button and submit a copy of your up to date CV. Please also include details of your current salary, benefits and notice period. Closing date for applications is 23 April 2017.