Catering Manager / Catering Supervisor
The recent opening of a new purpose built facility, integrated within a Community Resource Centre, which includes supported housing for older people and those with learning disabilities, has created an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and committed Catering Manager / Catering Supervisor to take the lead in the day to day delivery of catering services and the future development of services into a sustainable business.
A local charity dedicated to providing life-enhancing services and vital support to help older people enjoy a better later life, they are part of a nation-wide charity and an influential voice for older people in the UK.
CATERING MANAGER / CATERING SUPERVISOR
SALARY: £16,000 TO £18,000 (doe) plus benefits, including 28 days annual leave (inc. stats)
HOURS: 32.5 hours per week, worked flexibly to meet the needs of the Organisation but in all probability from 08:00 till 14:30 hours.
LOCATION: Located just a few minutes from Ashford, Kent town centre, and about 6-10 minutes from the M20 motorway, you should be within easy reach of Ashford and could be living or looking for work in the Ashford, Tenterden, Folkestone, Canterbury, or Maidstone etc., areas of East Kent.
Working from new, purpose built, commercial kitchens leading a hardworking, dedicated and committed team, in your hands-on role as Catering Manager / Catering Supervisor you will be responsible for both delivering, and also actively managing all food and drink services for both older people who use the centre, older people and people with learning disabilities who live within the complex, support to older people in the wider community, and the development of new catering opportunities across the organisation.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
* Taking the lead in new service and menu development and continually drive forward the growth of food and drink service provision.
* Planning and implementing innovative catering services to meet needs and generate additional income. This is to include assistance with the development of a meals home delivery service.
* Delivering high quality, nutritious meals, to meet personal tastes and requirements.
Monitor and improve levels of customer satisfaction.
* Monitoring and improving service levels, and ensuring catering services remain in line with available budgets.
* Maintaining standards in line with current health and safety and food hygiene legislation.
* Leading in the development of new services and menus.
* Developing relationships with national and local suppliers.
* Working together with the Chief Officer to market new and existing services.
* Managing, supervising and supporting the catering team including volunteers to achieve a quality service.
Your role as Catering Manager / Catering Supervisor will require regular cooking and supervisory duties, and you must therefore be an excellent cook with proven experience of food preparation in a commercial environment.
Essential requirements for this role include:
* Proven people management and development skills with the ability to drive, motivate and enthuse teams.
* Experience of effective change management and a strong ability to persuade and influence others.
* Commercially astute with experience of delivering financial targets / budgets.
* Advanced and in- date food hygiene, health and safety certificate.
* Experience of training and developing staff.
* An appreciation of the needs of older people and their carers.
* The ability to cost a meal and deliver within a defined budget.
* Demonstrable experience of stock control and rotation.
Customer focused with a passion for delivering high levels of service, you will possess effective interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communication to match the audience, good business and commercial acumen, and a confident manner with the ability to keep calm under pressure.
Your previous or current roles may include: Catering Manager, Catering Supervisor, Chef Manager, Catering Team Leader, Commercial Catering Manager, Contract Catering Manager, Assistant Catering Manager, or similar.
To become part of the team, click APPLY now!
If your details match our client's requirements, your full information as provided will be released to our client so they can judge your suitability for the opportunity advertised. Your details will only be used by us in relation to this specific opportunity. By applying to this advertisement and submitting your CV and/or cover letter, you give your express consent to us using your details for this purpose.
e-Select Recruitment provides online advertising, response management and recruitment services, and does not operate as an employment agency or business.