Technical Account Manager
TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
About the Company:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m+ turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Account Manager, with a special focus on our Education clients.
As a leading IT Solutions provider, our IT Services division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. Commercial IT services offer tailored solutions and support for both on-premise and cloud based IT requirements.
We have a strong focus in partnering with schools to enhance teaching and learning through innovation and collaboration with other schools to ensure that investments provide tangible returns. We work in a consultative way based on really understanding each individual client and our aim is to deliver positive outcomes which are measurable rather than just supply products and move on. This approach underpins the long term nature of our business relationships and has helped ensure that our division is growing year on year with many new clients being introduced by current customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing existing accounts and building strong long term relationships with our existing clients whilst identifying and working on new business opportunities.
The role is primarily based from our head office which is located in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire; however it also involves travel throughout the UK. The ideal candidate therefore needs to be located within a commutable distance from Cheltenham.
• To manage a number of existing clients within the IT Services division, mainly independent schools or Academies at secondary level
• Provide thought leadership in relation to technology and innovation
• Continue to build upon the strong customer relationships already in place
• Develop existing revenue streams and identify new business opportunities
• Work with Senior Leadership Teams to define and deliver a long term IT strategy and budget forecasts
• Arrange regular account reviews to ensure client expectations are met and existing revenue streams are protected
• Consult with clients regarding how to leverage and build on existing investments and provide insights into the Education marketplace
• Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure a coordinated approach to account management is practised at all times
• Work with the in house Solution Consulting team and technology specialists to fully understand the customer requirements, budget and timelines
• Promote the products and services offered by Commercial IT Services
• Strong technical background including such technologies as HP infrastructure, Microsoft systems, Citrix and VMware solutions
• Ability to lead the client through the technology lifecycle and ensure alignment between both their business and IT strategy
• Proven experience of building strong, long lasting relationships with new and existing clients
• Previous account management experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Competitive basic salary
• Excellent OTE with uncapped commission
• Company car
• Company laptop
• Company mobile phone
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme.
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, overtime and overnight stays may be required to meet the needs of the business.