IT Field Engineer
IT FIELD ENGINEER
About the Company:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £50m+ turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client.
As a leading IT Solutions provider we keep up to date with the very latest technologies. Here at Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer full training, including Microsoft, VMware and Citrix. We help all of our Engineers to gain industry standard certifications including MCSE, VCP and CCP. We encourage career progression and developing our talent is something we do well!
We have an exciting vacancy based from our main office in Cheltenham for an IT Field Support Engineer. This position is based in the field providing installs and support for a variety of customers throughout the country. The position holder will report to the 1st & 2nd Line Team Leader and will attend quarterly 1-to-1’s to help further develop their skills.
Applicants are required to have had proven experience of supporting high level project implementations, existing desktop/ server infrastructures and must have experience of working in a busy helpdesk environment, as well as providing support and installations at various client sites.
In addition to this, exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential. Fault analysis, management and prioritisation skills are required to ensure all issues are resolved based on criticality for all our customers as well as meeting the contracted SLA. The position involves supporting and troubleshooting various aspects of Microsoft, Virtual Hypervisors (VMware/ Hyper-V) & Citrix Virtualisation technologies including VDI.
The candidate would ideally hold a formal recognized qualification such as an MCSA, MCSE or CCA and have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience with the below:
• Supporting Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2
• Supporting Exchange 2010 and 2013
• Supporting Hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V)
• Understanding TCP/IP, Routing, VPN, Firewall and supporting router configurations
• Switch installation and basic configuration
• Supporting & Installing Symantec Backup Exec, vRanger and Veeam
• Supporting and Installing Antivirus Software including Symantec Endpoint Protection and Sophos Endpoint Security
• Virtual server backup technologies (Veeam / vRanger)
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
• Supporting Microsoft Small Business Server 2008 and 2011
• Supporting Exchange 2013 and DAG
• Supporting SAN storage technologies
• Supporting Microsoft Office 365
• Supporting Websense Web and E-mail Security
• Supporting Corporate wireless systems
• Supporting Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
• Supporting Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
• Supporting Microsoft SCCM
• Supporting Managed Print Solution software P-Counter, Equitrac and eCopy
A full training plan will be provided by Commercial IT Services with a view for the successful candidate to further their career within the Commercial IT Services team.
• Ensure Field Engineer support tickets are updated and completed within SLA
• Build excellent customer relationships
• Identify areas to upsell products to existing customers
• Attend customer sites and troubleshoot IT issues which cannot be resolved remotely by the NOC
• Install and configure new hardware / software on customer sites
• Perform scheduled contract visits at customer sites
• Provide cover for Managed Service clients when required
• Assist 1st line team with technical queries to further their knowledge
• Cover 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th line support teams when needed
• Assist with workshop builds of new hardware including PC workstations, HP servers, HP switches and HP / Nimble storage nodes
-Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
-25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
-We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 8:00am - 6:00pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the role.
Applicants must be willing to be DBS checked.