North West London, London
GBP70,000 + benefits
Our client is the market leader in secure data partnership systems and has developed expertise in secure, web-based, people-data software for nearly a decade.
We are looking for a Technical Architect to lead on the architecture of our clients delivery platform (web based software) framework to support the stability and modernisation of the platform and to ensure the reliability and scalability of the platform for national delivery.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Architect with excellent skills in Java, Spring, Angular, Hibernate and DBMS to join the projects team.
The successful candidate must have exceptional team leadership skills and experience leading large projects whilst at all times ensuring that deliverables meet solution goals and technical quality standards. Working very closely with Professional Services and the Systems teams, you will guide the onsite and offshore development teams on solutions and technologies.
You will have a background in working with Agile methodologies (SCRUM) and demonstrable experience implementing coding standards, software reuse and test driven development (TDD). Up to date hands-on knowledge and experience of Service Oriented Architectures (REST), Java, Spring, Hibernate, Open Source DBMS, Angular and XML development technologies is important for the role and prior experience working in a large onsite/offshore matrix management environment would be preferred.
Strong experience of Software Development Life Cycle and Java based development technologies/tools are also vital for the role. You will also be extremely passionate about the very latest cutting edge areas of open source technologies as it will be responsible for advising on technical decisions and evaluating new technologies and innovative approaches that may benefit the organisation.
Your role will be leading the detailed technical architecture for a product being developed and a customer specific implementation of that product - to maintain and update their current platform so that it meets of current customer and market demands moving forward. Designing new features and working with the Design Authorities to ensure a consistent approach to coding and good practice is maintained.
This is a fast moving role that requires taking initiative, creativity and analytical thinking.
To liaise with the technical teams so that we can
· Enhance the companys delivery platform
· Deliver scalable solutions for our national clients
· Ensure that the platform is fully scalable
· Introduce new technologies and features without issue
· Provide assurance on the quality and consistency of the product provided
Desirable Skills and Experience:
· Excellent software architecture and design skills
· Experience of rapid release cycles and controlling these
· Deep knowledge of Java, Spring, Hibernate and SQL
· Good knowledge of Security
· Knowledge of front end technologies like Angular
· Good knowledge of open source RDBMS like MySQL and Maria DB
· Good knowledge of RabbitMQ.
· Good knowledge of testing processes and practices
· Understand the technical limitations and advantages of different Internet development practices
· Degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience
· Relevant Java and/or Architecture certifications e.g. TOGAF
· Have the ability to lead development teams.
· Have the ability to present to customers
· Polite and approachable manner when liaising with people both internally and externally
· Show a willingness to listen and learn
· Take initiative in self-development and career progression
· Good communication skills
· Be punctual and reliable
· Take ownership of assigned tasks, and take seriously the responsibility for delivering these tasks on time and to a high quality
· Demonstrate an ability to alleviate pressure and stress through prioritising work, time management, and sound organisational skills
· Exhibit a professional appearance and approach to work
· Responsive to feedback, direction and constructive criticism
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an innovative, dynamic and fast growing organisation!
For more information please contact James Snowsill at Collective Recruit Ltd.
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" button below. Your details as submitted by you, will only be forwarded in relation to this vacancy; by submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client's criteria and/or need.