Are you looking for your next step in your Career?
My client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Operations Director, you are a Manufacturing Engineer with personal responsibility for the specification, design, implementation and improvement of new and existing plant and process equipment
- Work collaboratively with the Production Engineers, Quality Engineers and Maintenance Engineers to identify and prioritise the modification or refurbishment of production equipment and tooling to address its inability to meet a specified function or significant risks to the users’ health and safety.
- Contribute to the company’s PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis) program that seeks to identify, evaluate, and risk prioritise, the potential for defective production output. Utilise your knowledge and experience to assist with the specification of innovative poke-yoke equipment designs to reduce the defect risks identified to an absolute minimum.
- Conceive, develop, design and risk assess safety conscious production equipment and tooling to meet the requirements of specifications resulting from the company’s PFMEA , ICAR (Internal Non Conformity Reporting), and SIP (Standard Improvement Project) defect reduction programs.
- Utilise internal machining resources, or external specialist contractors, to practically realise new or refurbished production equipment and tooling designs prior to refining them against their original specification, registering and controlling their existence via the Greenbridge Tooling and Equipment register, and ensuring their right first time implementation to the production environment.
- Provide practical manufacturing engineering support and knowledge to the company’s preventative maintenance program ensuring that the continuity of production is maintained as a priority and that production equipment and tooling in need of refurbishment is promptly addressed.
- Provide practical manufacturing engineering support and component design knowledge to the company’s tool room to ensure continuity of pressed part production via the effective refurbishment or manufacture of new or existing manufacturing tools.
- Experience of semi- automated plant and equipment in an electro-mechanical assembly environment.
- Practical experience of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic equipment design and build projects.
- Experience and knowledge of sheet metal production and basic press tool design and maintenance.
- Recognised qualification in production or process engineering (BSc. HND/HNC).
- Organised, self-motivated and safety conscious. AutoCAD and Microsoft Office literate.
- A basic knowledge of Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) would be advantageous.
- Practical experience of manual and basic PLC controlled electrical test equipment advantageous. (C++,CUBLOK etc)
- PC based measurement interface systems.
- Good knowledge of three axis and robotic machinery.