Trainee accounts assistant
Wanted accounts assistant to provide administrative support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as PC work, scanning, making phone calls, handling mail and basic bookkeeping.
Working directly for an accountant or finance manager the accounts assistant will help to maintain the office and keep it running smoothly.
Other duties and responsibilities of the job include:
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
- Preparing statutory accounts, after training.
- Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
We will pay for and give you time to study for the ACCA qualification. Knowledge of low-level accountancy and basic skills in bookkeeping are preferable, prior to beginning the job but not essential. The main office is in Tonbridge, Kent. Starting salary is £18,000 per annum.