Our client, a highly reputable and award winning solicitors based in Manchester is looking to appoint an experienced Team Leader to join their existing Medical Negligence team.
To manage a caseload of around 150 cases, delegating work to group members to ensure cases are managed and dealt with efficiently and targets are met on a monthly basis. Directly performance manage the members of the team ensuring that case cases are progressed and settlement targets reached in line with KPI’s and respective pod case progression and settlement targets. To coach and mentor the team file handlers to assist in their personal development.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good Communication skills with an approachable nature
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- Target driven
- At least 4 years PQE within a medical negligence department
- Providing general supervision to team members with any queries
- Review group members task lists daily, ensuring that team members are working within the 'Best Practice’ policy
- To make sure that there is a co-ordinated approach to the work being carried out by the team
- Distribute work within the team to ensure that the cases are progressing within the timescales set
- Ensure cases are progressed in a timely manner to hit monthly targets
- Checking and signing correspondence produced by the team members
- Carry out monthly 1:1’s with the team members
- Liaise with Medical Negligence Manager over any technical issues on the cases
- Liaise with the Training Manager with a view to assessing the training needs of team members, and to assist the Training Manager in addressing those needs
- Provide training to the team members where requirements for training are identified
- Manage the team’s absences by authorising holidays and dealing with sick leave
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading firm in their field offering a starting salary of £30,000 plus an excellent range of benefits. This is a full time permanent role working from their offices in Manchester. Do you have at least 4 years PQE in medical negligence? If you are interested in applying for this position, please send you CV to Rob via Reed.co.uk today!