Collections Adviser - South Manchester
A successful Lender based in Stockport, has an opportunity for a Collections Adviser to join their thriving team.
The successful candidate will join the Collections Department, minimising losses through the collection of accounts where the customer has missed payments.
You will handle a large variety of calls, ranging from taking debit card payments to assisting customers with more severe financial difficulties.
- Review accounts that are behind on their payments to determine appropriate action
- Contact customers to agree satisfactory payment arrangements
- Answer customer enquiries
- Discuss options available to customers who are facing pending court action or eviction dates in order to come to mutually acceptable arrangements which prevent further litigation action
- Adhere to appropriate timescales and regulatory requirements to ensure rehabilitation of customer accounts
- Achieve monthly standards for quality and productivity
- Follow company and TCF guidelines at all times
- 12 months experience in a similar collections role
- Previous experience in regulated financial services
- At least 2 GCSE passes A-C
- IT literacy - keyboard and MS Office skills, including Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Strong telephony skills
A shift rotation is operated with a mixture of early and late shifts worked between 8am-4.30pm and 11.30am-8pm during the week.