Seeking an Account Assistant to join the accounting team of a global Shipping Line in stunning offices in the City.
Ideally you will be part qualified or in the process of becoming so. They are seeking a candidate looking for an opportunity to grow and develop their accounts skills and experience in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
You will have experience of Accounts Receivable and Payable, prepayment and accrual. Main responsibilities:
To deal with all aspects of Accounts Receivable and Payable as well as the associated tasks within these main areas for various companies in the group.
- Assist with the periodic reporting requirements to Head Office and other associated companies.
- Assist with the processing of sales invoices and related tasks.
- Assist with the processing of Opex costs as well as admin costs.
- Assist with the accounting, reconciliation and settlement processes of various stakeholders.
- Assist with period end tasks including amongst others accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliations, intercompany & inter ledger transactions, fixed assets, etc.
- Disciplined, organised and able to work within deadline set.
- Objective-driven approach to task in hand.
- Good communication skills and attention to details and able to integrate within a team of other experienced employees in order to achieve the dept's various requirements.
- Qualifications: ACCA/CIMA/AAT part qualified
- Advanced MS Excel, MS Word
- Sun Accounts package would be an advantage
- Previous experience of at least 2 years in an accountancy practice or an accounting department within a shipping environment will be a definite advantage.
- An all-rounder with the ability to deal with various accounting tasks at all levels within a dynamic and challenging department.It is essential you have a strong grasp of accounts within the work place, you must be able to demonstrate your understanding of the fundamentals within accounting. .
This is a great opportunity to enhance your accounting skills! Offering a salary of £23,000 pa, plus discretionary bonus, 22 days holiday and much more!