Management Accountant (Central London)
An exciting opportunity for a recently qualified Finance professional to join a leading global business with over $1 billlion turnover, in a progressive role with increasing responsibility!
With some of the top brains in the industry, our client specialises in areas such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, forensics, and complex legal and regulatory issues; solving problems using economic, financial, strategic and political expertise coupled with technology solutions. With proven skills in complex cases and exceptional strength in analytics, they have provided astute guidance to clients in thousands of high-profile engagements working behind the headlines of some of the biggest political and financial news stories!
Management Accountant - about the role:
Joining the head office in Central London, this exciting opportunity has arisen in the International Finance team for a Management Accountant with international exposure. Working in a department of 30 supporting the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa region, this role is ideally suited to someone who is recently qualified / few years PQE who possesses excellent communication, organisational and time management skills; and wishes to fast-track their career.
This is a young, vibrant team where ambitious individuals in this position can expect to progress into a Senior role within 18 months. You will get the chance to have full accounting responsibility for entities and truly 'own' it! The department will also be looking to grow responsibilities and there will be various paths in finance for one to progress through.
• Preparation and posting of month end journals
• Preparation of General ledger account reconciliations in line with SOX requirements
• Assist International Finance team in the enhancement of month end processes including month end accounting and ensuring compliance with US GAAP & UK GAAP
• Liaise and coordinate with external third party accounting providers to understand, report and document monthly financial results for EMEA entities
• Coordinate inter-company reconciliations entries for EMEA entities with multiple group companies
• Strict adherence and with the SOX compliance process (handle SOX queries, SOX self-assessment)
• Accurate and timely submission of regulatory reporting as required
• Preparation and finalization of annual statutory accounts for UK and EMEA entities
• Direct liaison with external auditors
• Other ad hoc support to the department as required
Management Accountant - qualification and skills requirements:
• Qualified accountant, recently qualified / up to 3 years PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - will suit someone making their first move out of practice looking to gain hands-on solid accounting experience across a range of areas in financial and management accounting
• Knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP or Sarbanes Oxley environments advantageous
• Experience of performing month end close process either within industry and from an audit/review perspective advantageous
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to work in a team
• Good knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and analysis formulas
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-starter, confident with outgoing personality and highly professional approach to their work
• Experience of working to tight month end deadlines
• Professional services, consultancy or accountancy practice experience
• Experience of working in a matrix organisation and dealing with European subsidiaries
£50-55K + 10% bonus + excellent corporate benefits!