Structural Engineer - Leeds
Role: Structural Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000
Penguin Recruitment are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to work for a large multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Leeds. The company have grown from a small consultancy based in Liverpool, to having 13 offices across the UK and Ireland.
The key roles & responsibilities of the Structural Engineer will include:
- Working under the supervision of a Senior/Principle Engineer in the production of schematic/concept designs and structural design calculations within defined project timescales;
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs;
- Undertaking structural designs using CSC Building Designer or RAM;
- Directing technicians in the production of AutoCAD and REVIT drawing information undertaking and quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue;
- Liaising with the infrastructure team to ensure design is fully co-ordinated;
- Developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of identifying and securing new job opportunities.
Whilst the above responsibilities are relevant on larger projects where work is managed and co-ordinated by a Senior / Principle Engineer, it is envisaged that similar tasks would be undertaken independently on smaller projects.
In addition to work on traditional structural engineering design projects, there is also a requirement to undertake general structural surveys and subsequently produce reports, letters and general correspondence associated with this work. This will also include the diagnosis of structural defects and the development of appropriate repair strategies.
Other general roles and responsibilities the Structural Engineer will be required to carry out include:
- Being responsible for the analysis and design of building structures, progressing to overall design of structures;
- Ability to produce drawings using AutoCAD software;
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings;
- Involvement in internal project design meetings;
- Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members;
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
Furthermore they must meet the following Educational/Skill requirements:
- Must hold a degree in Structural/Civil Engineering (ideally 2:1);
- Hold/Working towards a professional qualification i.e, MIStructE/MICE/AMIStructE/AMICE or equivalent;
- Must be IT literate with experience of structural design software packages;
- Must be technically competent;
- Determination to find solutions to problems;
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to develop client relationships;
- Must hold a valid driving licence.
In order to discuss this role, please contact Tom on 01792 365108, or alternatively send an email expressing your interest with a CV attached to