Site Engineer - Birmingham - Civil's/ Groundwork's
Our client is a fast-growing, ambitious Civil Engineering & Groundworks firm based in Birmingham, and are looking to recruit for a highly capable and experienced Site Engineer to assist the company in the next stage of growth.
You will play a technical lead on our construction sites and provide accurate and efficient setting out for the works as well as supervising the construction activities that take place on a day to day basis on various sites. The successful candidate will ensure all activities undertaken on site are carried out to the highest practicable safety standard, to the highest possible quality and are delivered on time to programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site
- Co-ordinate design deliverables and engineering works according to schedule
- Act as the main technical advisor on a construction site for operatives and sub-contractors.
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- Overseeing the selection and requisitioning of materials and plant
- Agreeing a price for materials and making cost effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or Architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with the Local Authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- Communicating with clients and there representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors whilst ensuring tasks carried out are within their levels of skill and experience
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines and advising Senior Managers of any items which may impact/change the Contract Program.
- Overseeing quality control to ensure work carried out is correct 'first time' and minimise rework and Health & Safety matters on site
- Maintain Daily Records of site activities and liaise with Senior Managers to produce information and reports as required.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Contribute to the Master Files where necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- HNC/HND minimum in Construction/Civil Engineering. A degree would be advantageous
- Full Driving Licence
- CSCS Mandatory
- Additional tickets/vocational qualifications would be advantageous to your application.
- Excellent communication, people and team skills.
- Ability to challenge and resolve problems to conclusion.
- Demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with company values.
- Ability to motivate employees and achieve high standards of compliance.
- You will have worked in a similar capacity for at least 3 years.
- Experience managing sub-contractors
- At least 3 years' experience within the Civil Engineering and Groundworks industry and having worked for contractors.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of a wide range of construction techniques and best practices.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.