Senior DBA MySQL
Senior DBA MySQL – Nottingham
This is a great opportunity to join a hugely successful company and a division of Reed Elsevier RELX, one of the most successful providers of digital data and services in the FTSE 100, serving customers in more than 100 countries with more than 30,000 employees worldwide. We combines cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics, to provide products and services that address a wide array of clients’ needs in the insurance and risk sectors, to a globally high standard.
We are looking to expand our team and bring on a passionate and talented Senior Database Administrator, someone with a passion for tech and who enjoys working with and mentoring intelligent, bright and motivated individuals in a collaborative environment.
Purpose of the Role
The MySQL Database Administrator is responsible for the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our data across multiple systems and environments, and for all aspects of our mission critical, highly available, database infrastructure.
They will be required to assist with database design for new product development, and database architecture for new systems, capacity planning and scalability.
Their role is to support and assist other members of the team in delivering IIL services to clients.
Who you are:
• Passionate about all things data related
• Excellent problem solving and logical reasoning skills
• Meticulous about the systems that you are responsible for
• Excellent communication skills, and be confident in explaining complex concepts to others
• Highly organised self-starter, who is willing and able to learn quickly
• You will be able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous work stream
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude, and a strong teamwork ethic
• Willing to question the status quo when necessary
• The confidentiality, availability and integrity of IIL data across multiple systems and environments
• The proper configuration of databases across multiple systems and environments
• The timely resolution of any issues affecting the systems for which you are responsible
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Designing, deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant
• database systems
• Manage confidentiality of IIL and customer data, in line with IIL policies and procedures
• System monitoring and remediation in line with customer SLAs
• Develop, maintain and document installation, configuration and maintenance procedures
• Carry out regular system maintenance, patching and backups
• Ensuring that best practices are applied as far as practically possible
Key Skills and Experience:
• Percona Server
• Galera Clustering
• MySQL Replication
• Linux server administration
• Python and Bash scripting
• High volume transactional database systems
• Large data sets
• MySQL certification advantageous
• Linux system administration highly beneficial
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, great benefits (including 28.5 days annual holiday and 8 Bank/Hols, family health cover, pension and share scheme), world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
LexisNexis® has been managing sensitive data for more than 40 years, supporting 80 percent of the Fortune 500 companies and we currently do business with 8 of the world’s top 10 banks. We also have customers in more than 100 countries worldwide, providing them access to 45 billion total records from 10,000+ different sources, that are all processed through our unique HPCC Systems at over 90 million transactions per hour
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.