Purchasing and Payments assistant
Are you an administrator with experience with invoicing and processing of payments? Are you seeking work in the public sector? We are recruiting for a Purchasing and Payments assistant to join a well established public sector team based in Cwmbran. If you are willing to take on temporary work for the next 4 months and are comfortable with the following job duties this could be the role for you:
- To input supplier invoices into the Accounts Payable system in a timely and accurate manner to ensure payment to suppliers is made in accordance with supplier terms and conditions, relevant VAT legislation and financial procedures.
- To raise purchase orders and procurement card transactions in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with financial procedures.
- To support the purchase, payments and logistical processes, ensuring the appropriate prioritisation of workload to meet operational needs.
- To maintain a working knowledge of the OPCC's approved contractor list to ensure that the OPCC obtains value for money and is compliant with procurement processes and procedures
- To raise sales invoices in a timely and accurate manner and to operate the OPCC's debt recovery procedures robustly to ensure that income due to the OPCC is received in a timely manner.
- Provide resilience to the Senior Cashier as required to ensure the effective operation of the team.
- To investigate and satisfactorily conclude queries raised by suppliers, customers, internal staff, senior managers and external bodies such as HMRC, internal and external audit.
- To gather, collate and circulate statistical information to facilitate informed decision making.
- To maintain a clear audit trail for all transactions for subsequent review by HMRC, internal and external audit.
- To maintain financial databases, to ensure accurate and timely payment for ad-hoc services provided to the OPCC.
To apply for this role you must:
- Be immediately available for work
- Are comfortable that you would pass a police vetting check
- Have experience performing the above duties
This role is open to receiving applications until Friday 21st April.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit www.randstad.co.uk/how-i-became to find out what you could become.