Retail Assistant - Reading - Part Time
Part Time Retail Assistant – Reading
Location: Friar Street, Reading
Working Hours: 20 hours per week over 5 days Monday – Saturday
We are looking for a Retail Assistant to join our established store in Reading on a part time basis. As a Retail Assistant you will be selling a range of excellent catering products to meet customers’ need and are looking for individuals who will share our passion for our products.
The main focus of your role will be to provide excellent customer service and to assist customers with anything they may need. The role would suit an individual with previous retail experience who enjoys providing high quality customer service. We want a trip to our store to be memorable so you will be friendly, outgoing and helpful in order to give a great impression of our business.
As a Retail Assistant your main responsibilities will be:
- Advising customers on products and assisting with general queries
- Serving customers at the tills in a polite and professional manner
- Replenishing stock and ensuring the store looks clean, tidy and professional
- Handling cash/ card transactions
- Showing warmth, personality and enthusiasm for the products
- Continuing to develop on product knowledge and any promotions or offers
- Processing sales, exchanges and returns efficiently and accurately
To apply for this role your experience and skills should include:
- Previous experience in a retail or customer service environment
- Experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- A Catering background or an interest in cooking would be an advantage but is not essential
What will you get from the role?
- Attendance bonus for every full quarter worked an option of either £50 or 1 extra day holiday
- Profit Share (sharing a portion of the profits between all colleagues on an annual basis)
- Annual Pay Review
- Holiday Buying Scheme (Ability to purchase a week’s holiday each year)
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues’ professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.