Focussing on ways to maximise energy efficiency for the contract group through managed compliance and identification of a blend of life cycle, operational and technical energy initiatives, we are looking for a candidate who has previous energy management experience, excellent knowledge of M & T systems, knowledge and understanding of PFI payment mechanisms and good report writing and data analysis skills.
The role will require a strong customer focus and compliance with PFI and other commercial contractual obligations therefore, previous experience gained from delivering similar objectives in a variety of property types in all sectors is necessary, from service delivery to performance excellence and customer focus.
The Energy Manager will play a leading role in the projects we deliver for the client. Reporting to the Energy Performance Manager, and the Contract Manager the candidate will be directly responsible for the Newcastle Schools contract energy performance and compliance. The role has a primary requirement to maximise opportunity to reduce energy, whether through technical, operational, or behavioral means whilst remaining compliant with commercial, contractual and statutory requirements.
The energy manager will know how to collect and analyse the relevant data, write the necessary paper and business case and make proposals as appropriate to the audience. On completion, the energy manager will then understand M&T techniques to validate projects and savings benefit.
It should be recognised that our operating model is evolving at pace currently, and the agile nature of the organisation requires that candidates are aware that the content and nature of this role may change.
- Conducting energy audits and surveys, performance tests and investigations and the timely collection of in house meter readings
- Implementing sub-metering and data logging where required
- Establishing and building relationships within all business units
- P&L Reporting, including budgeting and forecasting
- Diagnose, investigate, and rectify detected exceptions in energy / cost, collate comparative data and figures for benchmarking purposes
- Conducting and arranging staff awareness and motivation programmes and delivering energy training
- Assisting with the preparation of life cycle projects including analysis for the identification of life cycle projects, reporting and business case preparation
- Provide reporting / updates to senior management advising of project progress to plan, KPI's and advise any areas requiring escalation, decision for resolution
- Writing energy policy, procedures, reports, or other related papers, devising strategies for reducing energy costs and environmental impact
- Be proactive in approach to managing energy throughout the internal and external portfolio of clients
- Working within energy committees and energy champion groups and developing programmes for energy saving projects
- Maintaining registers of energy saving opportunities
- Collaborating and sharing information across complex groups covering multiple sites and business units
- Working with senior team to identify developments in energy markets
- Monitoring and advising on legislation, regulations, and carbon trading schemes and advising on opportunities of tax breaks and relevant subsidies with respect to energy saving technologies and regulatory regimes across all relevant sectors
- Keeping abreast of potential energy and water saving technologies and techniques and identifying supplier networks
- Working with wider teams, maintaining records of energy suppliers, transportation and metering companies, and regulatory bodies
Manage and monitor compliance to applicable standards, rules, and regulations
- A degree is not a requirement but equivalent industry experience is necessary
- Previous energy management experience is necessary dealing with commercial and operational activities ideally within a facilities management / energy services environment
- Experience of managing and developing customer / client relationships
- Successful experience of working in a matrix organisation and within cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and written at all levels
- Experience in writing reports and business cases where required
- Understanding of energy technologies is necessary
- Membership to relevant professional body highly desirable
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.