Principal Town Planner - Development Management
Principal Town Planner - Development Management. £35ph plus North West London Authority
Our client, a local authority, based in North West London is looking for an accomplished Principal level Town Planner to work in the Development Management function of a local authority, Supervisory experience would be a plus and they are looking at a generous hourly rate of over £35ph.
This is an opportunity to work on a mix of major and minor applications in a diverse and vibrant area of London and a council that provides genuine career progression opportunities.
The vacancy has arisen in the Town Planning department due to an increase in workload as a direct result of increased development in the borough and the council securing more funding to deal with the workload.
This local authority prides itself on hard work, a friendly atmosphere and promoting from within.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Process planning applications including residential developments, changes of use, applications for listed building consent and appeals.
- Provide information, guidance and advice as required to applicants, developers and their agents, members of the public, local organisations, other Council departments and others on planning matters.
As the successful applicant you will need the ability to manage a variety of general applications and enquires, you will possess:
- A relevant town planning qualification (RTPI recognised) or be working towards gaining one.
- Development management experience, preferably within a local authority.
- Good customer care skills, ability to meet deadlines, and team working skills.
- A competent level of IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Good potential for long-term contract or progression to permanent role.
To apply for this vacancy, please contact our specialist town planning recruitment consultant, Ben Styles, on 02072598760 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.