Group Finance Manager
My client own over 165 properties, 37 hotels (which are owned and operated directly by the group) and their typical portfolio range from anywhere between 3 million to 100 million. They have over 200 entities with a lot of diverse activity across their multi-billion pound portfolio and the business really is dynamic and entrepreneurial which has facilitated their growth to date, the lack of red tape in the organisation enables fast decision making.
As Group Finance Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing annual statutory accounts under FRS 102 for c. 190 companies
- Consolidation and sub-consolidations for multiple applications
- Management of the monthly and quarterly postings of non-routine/ technical journals
- Project management of the audit to timetable
- Preparing workbooks and collating information for auditors
- Lender reporting of financials
- Maintaining process notes relating to financial reporting
- Assisting with tax compliance and planning work with tax advisers and conversion of financial accounts into iXBRL format
- Leader for medium term project of changing the group's accounting system
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects covering various elements of the work of the accounts team
- Covering the duties of other accounts staff
ProfileThe group is large, varied and its accounting complex and the role will cover all activities of the business. The person must be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with a high degree of technical competence, a quick learner and be demonstrably efficient to cover the high work load.
- An ability to prepare and analyse large amounts of financial data and the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external parties are required.
- Advanced Excel skills and attention to detail are essential.
Extremely competitive salary and benefits.