A technology firm with $600m of VC funding are looking for a Financial Controller to lead the day-to-day operations of their UK finance team based in London.
Client DetailsMy client is a technology firm based in London with operations in over 100 cities, and over $600m of VC funding. They are an app developer looking to expand their client/customer base and consolidate their offering in their existing markets whilst expanding into new territories.
DescriptionAs the financial controller you will be tasked with leading the day-to-day of the finance function, owning the monthly and annual reporting, managing the team, and leading on projects. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the monthly reporting, including a lead role in month end close with co-ordination of the team;
- Production of accurate management information with insightful commentary for budget holders;
- Budgeting and forecasting responsibilities, including close interaction with non-financial stakeholders;
- Lead the year-end audit process;
- Management and development of a team of 6, all at various stages of their training;
- Project work, e.g. investment appraisals, pricing analysis, and business development support.
ProfileAs a strong applicant for the financial controller position you will:- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)- Demonstrate a strong technical skill-set including year-end and monthly reporting, including development of management information reports- Show strong budgeting and forecasting capabilities with excellent communication skills to work with non-financial stakeholders- Have exposure to project work such as investment appraisals and pricing- Demonstrate a proactive approach to improving controls and processes within a high-growth, changing environment- Show exposure to a high-growth environment, ideally within the technology space
Job OfferThe offer to the successful candidate will be between £60,000-£70,000 depending on experience plus benefits (including equity potential).