Senior Employee Communications Manager (Global RBWM)
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Senior Employee Communications Manager (Global RBWM) based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
Senior Employee Communications Manager (Global RBWM) will be responsible for developing and implementing employee communications plans to support Global Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM). The role will support country communication teams to deliver world-class communications, connecting employees to the company purpose, business priorities and to each other.
Duties will include leading the creation of compelling content and messages that regional and country communication teams can use to engage employees about progress and priorities, aligned to our purpose, strategy and values. The role will develop and deliver effective, clear employee communications that supports global RBWM and enables our regional and country RBWM communication colleagues, including people manager briefings and materials.
The successful candidate will be required to communicate organisation change and business transformation, in collaboration with the relevant project teams, monitor and assess the external implications of employee communications campaigns and projects, and collaborate with media relations on external messages to mitigate risks, lead the execution of communications campaigns and projects that support the company’s themes, in collaboration with relevant project teams and other global, regional and country communications colleagues and manage internal campaigns and news, including ensuring important business projects and information are communicated to all employees.
The individual will engage with employees to deliver key messages through appropriate programmes and channels, provide insight and counsel to senior leaders on communications strategy, tactics and messaging, work collaboratively with communication colleagues to ensure alignment between local, regional and global communication strategies and enable local implementation, lead the creation and delivery of compelling content under the direction of the Head of Employee Communications, Global RBWM.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record in developing, managing and implementing effective communication strategies.
- Cultural appreciation of the needs of different audiences in different markets.
- Ability to contribute strategically to the overall communication response to key campaigns, projects and issues.
- An experienced leader who can consistently deliver superior team performance, identify and develop talent and work collaboratively with peers.
- Experience building strong stakeholder relationships at all levels and in managing a wide range of internal stakeholder relationships, including by matrix and virtually.
- Experience leading communications during periods of significant change within an organisation
- Ability to understand business issues and devise communication solutions that deliver results, constructing fresh approaches where appropriate and making connections to other issues.
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment, prioritise and reconcile competing demands and resolve complex issues.
- Exceptional writing ability, particularly in developing short, fresh content using more straightforward language and for use by leaders and across multilple channels (including digital channels).
- Some experience of media relations and social media an advantage, including writing press releases and talking points for leadership interviews.
Closing dates for applications 16th August 2018