Site/Senior Engineer (Groundworks, Residential)
Salary - £35,000 - £45,000 per annum negotiable
Location - Midlands
This is a very attractive opportunity to join one of the leading groundworks companies in the Midlands. They are looking for an engineer to work on their residential and housing projects.
The ideal candidate must be proficient with AutoCAD and ideally have 3 years+ experience as a Setting out/Senior Engineer. You must be able to work independently and at times lead a team of sub-contract engineers.
My clients are a civils based business predominantly working as a groundworks sub-contractor for the residential housing sector. The candidate must be able to review construction issue drawings and have the ability to co-ordinate information and drawings from numerous sources, ensuring details are not missed and do not clash.
To this end my client would value an engineer with experience working with Main Contractors and the setting out of above ground structures such as curtain walling and internal/external walls.
Skills & Qualifications:
- HNC/HND Minimum in Construction/Civil Engineering.
- Full Driving Licence
- SMSTS (Desirable)
- CSCS (Mandatory)
- Must be able to review construction issue drawings.
- Proficient with AutoCAD able to upload drawings to EDM.
- Ability to spot problems and co-ordinate drawings.
- Additional tickets/vocational qualifications would be advantageous to your application.
- Excellent communication, people and team skills.
- Ability to challenge and resolve problems to conclusion.
- Demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with company values.
- Ability to motivate employees and achieve high standards of compliance.
- You will have worked in a similar capacity for at least 3 years.
- Experience managing sub-contractors
- At least 3 years' experience within the Civil Engineering and Groundworks industry and worked for Main Contractors.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of a wide range of construction techniques and best practices.
For more information on the role or to apply please send your CV to Daniel Lewis. My email address is
I look forward to hearing from you.