Trainee / Grad Junior Java Software Engineer - Bristol £££
Junior Software Engineer , Graduate - Java and SQL skills are key
- Our client based in Bristol at Aztec West is a busy software house seeking a Graduate or Junior Java SQL Software Engineer to work with multiple products, solutions and clients, alongside other development teams on clients products. This will be joining their graduate recruitment scheme where you are assessed every 6 months for the first 18 months and pay will increase as your experience grows as they want to keep you happy and motivated .
- To develop clients Products ensuring the software meets the requirements and quality standards as defined by client and its customers.
- This role could also suit someone relocating from Reading, London or Birmingham looking to move to the South West .
- The role is associate / Junior / graduate level and successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a busy software house, working with multiple products, solutions and clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience - nice to have :
- IT Degree
- Core Java
- Analytic problem solving skills and IT background.
- Ability to learn and keep up to date with new applications quickly.
- Eclipse RCP - SWT, EMF, GMF, modelling
- Web servers (WebSphere, Weblogic or JBoss)
- Experience of working in a Software House or Development centre.
- Banking/finance industry
- Familiarity with project methodology
- SQL Skills
- To implement enhancements to clients Product offering ensuring the software meets the quality standards as defined by client and the customer.
- Typical Work Activities include:
- Working with development and quality assurance to implement expected system behaviour.
- Discussing solutions with the team and other departments to ensure the best solution is presented in a straight forward manner.
- Making code changes and unit testing of the code
- Investigation of problems and determining the best solution
- Computer Science Related Degree (or relevant commercial experience)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A passion/interest in Software Development and be able to understand complex software application.
- Focus on Delivery and Customer Service
- Calm, methodical approach to problem solving
- Need to have a 'can do' attitude to problem management.
- Comfortable in a fast moving environment with multiple customers and tasks
- any foreign language a bonus esp French or German
Works well in a busy environment and takes full ownership.
Salary range depending on experience £18,000 to £20,000 to start with 6 monthly reviews , aiming expectations if performing well towards 32K after 18 mths