IT Applications Lead
IT Applications Team Lead
Providing leadership and line management to a section of the Applications Team whilst maintaining core applications skills and working part-time on business change projects. Mentors and coaches team members support them in achieving their potential. Ensures availability of a team of highly skilled resources, both internally and externally sourced, to enable the delivery of expert application systems integration, application configuration and high quality and comprehensive 2nd and 3rd line applications support.
Ideal candidate will have Management experience as they will manage a team of 5 direct and 3 indirect. Excellent SAP FICO experience as they will work 50% of the time delivering finance projects. Good communication skills as they will be working with all levels of the business.
Accountable for developing and delivering consistent high quality IT Application services to business customers and stakeholders. Providing an appropriately skilled team for the Portfolio and Strategy function to support the delivery of the IT elements of the Business Strategy.
Works closely with Service Desk Manager, Project Managers and PMO, Business Solutions Managers and Head of Portfolio and Strategy to support the delivery of the IT Change Programme.
50% of the role will be managing the team and 50% working on business change projects.
Educated to degree standard (or able to demonstrate the appropriate
significant experience in an equivalent role)
- Considerable experience in IT in a variety of roles involving project work, applications specialism and staff management within an IT organisation
- Experienced in managing and leading a team of 4+
- Experienced in application support and development
- Application support and development
- Sound business process knowledge
- Working with and maximising performance of off-shore teams