Senior DevOps Engineer
By joining our digital team here in London, you'll be part of the tech force that's driving it all.
Working in an agile environment, you deliver rapid and responsive solutions. Your creativity will be encouraged at every turn.
We are looking for an excellent DevOps engineer who is passionate about automation and continuous innovation. You will play a key role in improving the automated application deployment lifecycle for software releases across the enterprise, for multiple applications across the various Portfolios.
And we want you to be active in the global DevOps community, both learning & educating. Let's tell the world how good we are!
What you will be doing
- Defining and building our next generation platform architecture in the public cloud and on-premise using state-of-the-art technologies and solutions
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services and building automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Influencing and creating new designs, architectures, standards and methods for distributed systems
- Engaging in capacity planning, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Working collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and being supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This position also works with wider digital development community to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- Being part of a talented and motivated team
- Automate the release of our applications and platforms by extending the current framework to reduce the time to market of our applications.
- Design and develop the environment configuration system to enable the platform to be deployed into various environments.
- Employ 'best practices' for implementations of platforms (infrastructure as code, immutable builds, …).
- Review and highlight any potential security risk or fragility within the existing platforms, and ongoing developments.
What we have worked on recently
- Production-ready environments running microservices and UI (Docker containers embedding Java services and NodeJS/React/Fluxible frontends) in AWS using ECS, RDS
- Continuous delivery consulting for the dev teams in order for them to build a sustainable delivery pipeline
- Azure and on-premise Mesos cluster with Marathon an Chronos (using DC/OS) - presently refactoring in AWS with discrete, swappable components.
Experience & Skills
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering or related role
- Expertise in troubleshooting distributed systems
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of Unix systems internals and networking
- Proven track record of deploying/running/troubleshooting Docker containers in a production environment
- Proficient with Infrastructure as code and immutable infrastructure
- Expertise in AWS and previous experience in implementing platforms on-premise
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way
- Scripting experience in Python, Bash, Shell
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP etc), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers and load balancing
- Knowledge of security best practices for SaaS products
- You can show us a portfolio of completed projects, mostly done by you.
- Ideally you have a github presence and open source contributions.
- Consul / Vault
- ELK stack
- Development experience (Java, NodeJS, …)