Group Finance & Tax Accountant - Luxury Retailer
The Group Finance & Tax Accountant position will be reporting directly to the Head of Finance of a multi-national luxury retailer. The role will be responsible, along with the rest of the Group team, for all financial reporting & operations for the firm.
The client, currently turning over £200m per year, is an internationally renowned retail brand that has flagship stores in over 11 capital cities all over the world. The brand has established itself as the epitome of luxury and is looking for someone who very much has a passion for the high end retail space.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Working with finance teams across the world to ensure a smooth and efficient month end process.
- Being the go-to professional for all technical accounting issues.
- Taking ownership over the year end process & liaising with external auditors where necessary.
- Review of accounting entries submitted by individual countries for group consolidation.
- Consolidation of accounts to produce the group financials.
- Preparation of financial statements under IFRS.
- Assistance in the computation of UK & overseas tax computations (prepared by external tax advisers).
- Preparation of Group taxation budget & forecasts as well as assisting in the modification of Group tax modelling & structuring.
- Assistance in maintenance of global transfer pricing documentation & strategy.
- Involvement in production of key reports for internal stakeholders, including the board, as required.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- A fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equiv.); trained with a medium to large professional services firm.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting under IFRS.
- A dedicated & pro-active work ethic.
- Exposure to consolidation work (either through audit or accounts preparation).
- An understanding of UK tax accounting/compliance/planning.
- A high degree of proficiency on excel.
- A track record of improving reporting processes.
- A good base understanding of UK & international taxes (including corporation, indirect, employment).
- Experience in preparing consolidated accounts using a consolidations tool such as BPC, HFM or TM1.
- Hands on accounting experience under IFRS.
- Familiarity with the retail space from an accounting perspective.
A competitive package is on offer for the candidate as well as a well-defined career path to grow within the Group function.