A Quality Engineer with experience of working within an automotive assembly environment is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading international automotive company based in Perry Barr, Birmingham.
The role is offering pay rate of £32 per hour based on years of relevant industry experience.
Our client is a leading automotive technology company that specialises in the design and manufacture of complex, mechatronic, advanced vehicle safety systems.
- Global management of the customer across all levels and regions.
- A particular focus is the introduction of new practices and procedures to improve feedback and control of both 0km and warranty returns to enable effective and timely problem solving.
- Through procedures and tactical work plans ensure the company is presented with the best position to protect itself against customer cost of quality recovery actions.
Internal Manufacturing Quality
- Monitor and verify production processes, developing opportunities to improve product quality and reduce scrap.
- Provide technical support to all areas of the production process, interfacing with other functional groups as required.
- Development of product control plans and manufacturing instructions.
- Conduct internal audits in accordance with internal procedures and TS16949:2009 requirements.
New Product Introduction
- Management of Advanced Product Quality Planning from design concept through to introduction into production, covering the full supply chain, through to Vehicle Manufacturer level customers.
- Regular reporting of status to all levels of management within the company and to customers.
Skills / Experience Required
- Overseeing and coordinating work flow in work unit.
- Disciplined, committed and flexible approach.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Factual and analytical based decision making.
- Knowledge of ISO9001/TS16949 requirements.
- Working knowledge & experience of APQP/PPAP/PSW.
- Problem solving tools and techniques, e.g. 8D methodology, 5Y etc.
- International travel required (sometimes at short notice requiring flexibility in terms of working hours)
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification in Electrical/Electronic manufacturing or engineering.
- Minimum 4 years hands on Quality Engineering experience working within an automotive assembly environment.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and tools.
- Six Sigma accreditation would be advantageous.
- Internal Auditor Qualification.
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact James Laver on or email
Keywords: Systems, Automotive assembly, Electronic, Manufacturing, 8D methodology and Development.