Lead Embedded Software Engineer
As a Lead Embedded Software Engineer, you will provide Engineering design & support to the Pressure sensing business. The teams design innovative pressure sensors and test & calibration instrumentation equipment in response to Customer Product Opportunities (CPOs) and larger projects driven by organic growth and market demands.
This manufacturing and production client design and manufacture a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that are utilised in a vast array of market segments.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer:
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing Hands-on software development and technical leadership of a small team of software engineers.
- Experience of developing software using a Real-time OS (RTOS).
- Software programming language experience (C/C++).
- Ensuring requirements are captured, specified & translated correctly into cohesive development & verification plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites.
The successful Leicester based candidate will have:
- 7 years minimum commercial experience with effective technical leadership using SW development full-lifecycle, including requirements and reviews.
- Experience of developing low level drivers for embedded systems (i.e. device drivers).
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to plan and deliver to project timescales.
- Understanding of communication protocols.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering.
- Ability to document software requirements capture, architecture design, and test procedures.
- Ability to understand hardware schematics at a basic level.
- Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github).
The salary that is on offer for the Lead Embedded Software Engineer is £40,000 to £50,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82241260