SQL DBA (Part Time)
SQL DBA (Part-Time)
Your new company
An eager and enthusiastic SQL Server DBA is required on a part time basis to work for an organisation who specialise in the provision of information systems to clients in the Public Sector.
Your new role
Working on a part time basis, this role will be contracted for a 2 year fixed term period, and will see the successful DBA accommodate a 21 hour per week work schedule.The role will require the SQL Server DBA to provide a key point of contact across multiple departments within the business; Business Intelligence, BAU and Software Development in the ongoing administration and upgrade of a business critical SQL Server Database.
- Maintaining and applying specialist technical knowledge of database (DB) concepts in the key areas of security, integrity, optimisation and backup.
- Providing specialist assistance / advice in respect of database related operational issues (performance, locking etc), patching, upgrades and company's approach to business continuity / disaster recovery.
- Applying specialist technical and application knowledge to document and promote effective database related Policies & Procedures
- Providing specialist advice to members of the software development teams so as to minimise the risk of operational issues arising as the result of changes to the production database environment
- On request, acting within the agreed project delivery framework, as part of project delivery teams to provide specialist advice relating to the database estate.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified DBA in MS SQL Server
- Experience of upgrading and patching MS SQL Server databases
- Experience of investigating and resolving MS SQL Server database related performance issues
- Experience of developing and implementing effective Database related strategies including those relating to Backup / Business Continuity
What you'll get in return
- £22,900 Per Annum
- 21 Hours per week
- Guaranteed 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Excellent Holiday Entitlement
- Additional Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced SQL Server DBA to work within a supportive and friendly environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on 0131 603 8372
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.