Telemarketer - Consultancy Services
This is a telemarketing role in which the candidate will be responsible for pursuing new prospective sales opportunities for my client’s products and services. This will involve pursuing business enquiries arising from marketing activity, client enquiries and other intelligence about potential client opportunities. The focus and priority will be driven by the company business development strategy and product development initiatives. Sales opportunities are then forwarded to commercial management colleagues to further develop and secure new revenue generating business. The jobholder works as an integral part of the Business Services team which offers pro-active and expert support to the delivery of my client’s projects and services.
- Developing approaches to lead generation in liaison with Sales and Marketing colleagues in order to maximize the identification of sales opportunities
- Following up sales leads and product enquiries arising from marketing events and products advertising in order to convert enquiries and interest into revenue generation sales
- Pro-actively monitoring company developments in industry and commerce
- Identifying key company personnel with psychometric assessment purchasing authority and making first contact calls (cold calls) to develop and evaluate sales opportunities
- Building a rapport with potential customers and actively promoting the company at every opportunity in order to enhance future sales opportunities
- Generating appointments with potential clients for field sales colleagues
- Achieving targets for appointment generation and call volumes
- Conducting customer and marketing surveys in order to raise market awareness and receive feedback to inform future sales activity
- Answering sales queries from potential customers who are responding to advertisements in order to secure sales opportunities
- Creating and maintaining (i) a log of all telemarketing activity and (ii) a database of companies and key contacts in order to inform future telemarketing and sales activity.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Solid experience of successfully cold calling for consulting services or products
- A mature manner and outlook with comfort in c-suite relationships
- University graduate or equivalent, with a proven track record of successfully working within a target driven environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others across service lines
- Proven new business development skills within a B2B context
- Excellent relationship building skills and client empathy
- Excellent networking, selling, communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to operate under general direction with minimal supervision
The candidate must possess a high level of integrity, self discipline and a positive attitude and should have strong verbal and written communication skills.