Senior Structural Engineer
Opportunity to join a highly regarded, primarily UK based multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm in their building structures team in Cardiff, delivering a diverse range of projects across many market sectors including education, industrial and commercial. Commissions vary from inspection/ survey and advisory services through to full design services, from inception through to completion, often working as part of an in-house multi-disciplinary team.
Modern open plan multidisciplinary work space, with great on site facilities, including a gym and car parking.
Candidate Profile and Role
Senior Structural Engineer with proven design and project leadership experience in the UK. Chartered or Incorporated Member of the IStructE or ICE desirable but not essential.
* Ability to demonstrate competence and experience throughout the delivery of building projects, inception to completion, across a diverse range of market sectors.
* Capacity to assist in the structural design process, and take responsibility for the production of structural calculations and associated drawings for schemes from initial report studies to award of contract, including assistance in the preparation of contract documents and procurement.
* Contribution to technical feasibility studies and production of related reports.
* Excellent understanding of the design process, including reviewing, checking and change control procedures.
* To ensure the effective use of a range of standard office, CAD and specialist computer applications within the team.
* To assist in the management, supervision and training of junior staff.
* Compliance with designers CDM duties.
* Client Liaison.
* Commitment to continued professional development, and the development of new skills beyond the core functions.
Please apply to be considered or get in touch for more information.