Global Sourcing Manger
Global Sourcing Manager
c.£57k (depending upon relevant experience)
The Global Sourcing Manager is a critical position within a team of 7. It is a newly developed position derived to help strategically align the businesses sourcing and supply chain strategy to suit the needs of the business which are always altering given the fast paced nature of the industry.
- Lead develop and execute sourcing to support NPI and serial production throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Global strategic supplier relationship management
- Direct global material sourcing, including best value and quality at all times across: press work, electronics, chemicals, plastics etc.
- Indirect sourcing as and when to support business needs
- Managing category plans, vendor selections, pricing, negotiations and contractual terms
- Ongoing market analysis, benchmarking and raw material tracking to ensure optimum pricing and terms are in place
- Managing, working with and influencing key stakeholders where appropriate
- Contractual knowledge
- There will be no direct management responsibility initially
- Engineering/manufacturing procurement experience required (ability to read and work from drawings)
- NPI, R&D or project based procurement experience
- Understanding of electro/mechanical engineering desirable
- Proven experience managing and driving forward strategic supplier relationships
- Proven ability to generate and maintain product cost models for production volume projections.
- Flexible attitude and comfortable having some involvement at a tactical level as well as the strategic elements
- Strong understanding of commercial terms
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.