£Competitive (DEP) - plus OTE
- Proven sales experience selling across a diverse portfolio of products within publishing
- Ideally sales management responsibility
- Proven track record in hitting both individual and team targets - must be able to clearly demonstrate
Outline of role:
- Generate, sell, negotiate, close and secure new business opportunities to achieve the monthly revenue target across the portfolio
- Account manage, maintain and develop existing portfolio of accounts to achieve revenue in line with budgeted/forecasted expectations
- Increase new business opportunities and increase number of advertisers across the portfolio of products
- Achieve agreed levels of productivity e.g. phone calls, meetings (account management and new business targets set) per period
- Achieve monthly sales targets and KPIs
- Act as a sales figurehead for your team both externally and internally
- Take ultimate responsibility for your product
- Staff Management - create a challenging work environment for all team members. Coach, develop and motivate your sales staff. Provide support to them but allow them the headroom to develop.
- Performance Management - provide clear job briefs for all team members. Outline key performance criteria.
- Staff Development - regularly target and appraise your sales team and set realistic but challenging objectives. Discipline them if performance standards are not met. Coordinate training requirements.
- Time management - prioritise your workload and create realistic deadlines. Ensure effective division of time.
- Leadership - be the sales leader for your team. Lead by example and communicate effectively with staff
- Confidence, enthusiasm and passion - generate a positive atmosphere that motivates your team and encourages a can-do attitude. be the figurehead in your department
- Team player - work closely with the other sales managers in the company to ensure consistency of
- Professionalism - conduct yourself in a professional manner with clients, staff, colleagues and managers
- Creativity - consider all possible options in determining the most effective solution
- Decision making - make decisions and stick by them. Involve the appropriate level of sales management in this process - above or below
- Commercial acumen - understand the relationship between revenue and costs. Make sound commercial decisions
- Risk taking - have the confidence to take risks and the determination to make things work
- Responsibility - for your own actions, and those of your team
- Effective Communication - possess effective communication, negotiation and motivational skills
If you wish to discuss the role in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact Jobfinders.
If you do not receive a response from us within three days, please do assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Please refer to our website for details of other positions available and thank you for your application