Works Fabrication Manager
Position: Fabrication Manager
Location: Horbury Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 per annum.
We're currently looking at recruiting a Fabrication Manager for a company who design and manufacture large structural columns and beams for the construction and build industry.
- The candidate should have experience in general steel fabrication and welding; also be experienced in managing multiple personnel, well organized and highly motivated.
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills and a capability of working in sometimes demanding situations.
- Have a good understanding of engineering and architectural drawings.
- Proficient computer skills required with a good understanding of standard Microsoft Applications.
- Have a clean driving license.
- As Workshop Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of a busy fabrication workshop looking after between 20 and 25 employees.
- Liaising daily with the Director, Operations Manager and Clients.
- Assigning work to fabricators and welders in a considered, timely manner to ensure work is completed according to date required.
- Adhering to all Company regulations, procedures and health and safety policies.
- Assign jobs/work to employees based on individual skill sets.
- Create weekly planners to register work flow.
- Check Daily Timesheets to ensure times are booked accurately.
- Ascertain completion dates and prioritise work accordingly.
- Ensure work is completed within time frames.
- Checking and ordering stock of Materials and Consumables.
- Manage the scheduling of employee holidays.
- Health and Safety : - Monitor workshop safety at all times.
- Ensuring Company vehicles are maintained on regular intervals and documents are up to date.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a large company who will offer stability and growth within the role.