Additional Benefits: • Salary up to £50,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications • Defined contribution pension scheme • Generous holiday allowance • Excellent flexi-benefits package
This is an exciting opportunity to join Aviva’s Group Compliance Financial Crime team as part of a project team tackling the complex and rapidly changing regulatory environment. Group Compliance is recruiting for a Compliance Manager with expertise in Financial Crime to undertake a 12 month project.
The role is initially offered as a fixed term contract but may become permanent for the right candidate. The successful individual will help lead and co-ordinate a compliance project with regard to preventing the facilitation of tax evasion by Aviva.
The project will have an enterprise-wide focus across the organisation’s 16 global markets. Regulatory and wider stakeholder expectations continue to rise in many of the markets Aviva operates in, so the need to adapt and execute at speed, demonstrating organisational, planning and communication skills across those markets is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Criminal Finances Bill 2016 creates a criminal offence for any entity that fails to prevent the criminal facilitation of tax evasion by its associated persons.
- The role will focus on the new corporate criminal offence of failing to prevent facilitating tax evasion.
- The successful candidate will join the project team leading Aviva’s efforts to meet the requirements of the new legislation.
- The project will have a global focus across the organisation and applicants must be comfortable working in a project environment.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively alongside the Group Compliance Centre of Excellence (Financial Crime), Core Function teams, and the Group’s businesses.
The role requires the successful candidate to undertake planning, oversight and facilitation so a hands-on approach is essential. The successful candidate will:
- Provide strong experience, input and guidance for the Aviva Group in reviewing the legislation, its implications and associated guidance.
- Help co-ordinate Aviva’s response to the new legislation, including developing and documenting the compliance programme; undertaking risk assessment; and developing the control environment and ongoing monitoring approach.
- Establish a network of internal and external contacts to understand legislation and risks for Aviva. Skills & Experience required
- Knowledge of financial crime risk management in a UK financial services environment is essential as well as experience of risk and controls assessment within a risk management framework.
- Experience working in a consultancy or risk/compliance advisory function is desirable.
- Proven industry knowledge and technical ability on financial crime regulation, risk identification and management.
- The ability to work effectively with the minimum of supervision, delivering against agreed objectives.
- Confidence to communicate and adapt your style to suit the audience both technical and business.
- Resilience and an ability to work flexibly, re-prioritising as appropriate to meet changing business needs.
- Experience of building relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Experience in managing successful change initiatives advantageous.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Dawn Rudrum in the Resourcing team on 01603 680851