Quantity Surveyor - Birmingham
£35,000 - £42,000
Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking to further your career? Are you interested in working with a main contractor who can provide the opportunity to work on civils projects in and around the West Midlands? Keep reading, you might just be in the right place.
My client, a well reputed main contractor who operate on highways, public realm, bridges and structure projects are looking for highly motivated and driven commercial staff to join their Birmingham-based regional team.
With a number of multi-million pound projects around the West Midlands region, my clients boast a collaborative team of exceptional staff. They are keen to meet with proactive individuals who can contribute to this high-performance atmosphere.
- Competitive starting salary
- Company Car/Car allowance
- Excellent opportunities to progress
- Exposure to large commercial projects
- The opportunity to work with and learn from experienced professionals
- A collaborative and professional working environment
To be successful in this role, my client is keen to meet with individuals with the following:
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or a related subject
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduate commercial experience
- A full-UK driving license
- A good understanding of the construction industry and the commercial requirements of a civils project
- Some experience of working with a recognised contractor (preferred)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Producing commercial reports to be used both internally and externally, ensuring that the proper formal notifications are raised to ensure company compliance with legislation, terms of engagement and best practice.
- Liaising and building relationships with client companies and other project stakeholders.
- Ensuring that commercial requirements agreed with clients are achieved.
- Supervising and providing support/training to less experienced members of the commercial team.
- Submitting Cost Value Reconsolidations
If you're currently looking to take the next steps into a career in Quantity Surveying with a committed contractor who invests in their employees, apply now.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Job type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Package: £35,000 - £42,000 + car/car allowance
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.