Direct Trade Sales Manager
Bluestones Logistics are currently looking to recruit a Direct Trade Sales Manager for a client of ours to be based in Scotland covering Carlisle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee.
The main purpose of the role is to manage all Trade Direct sales activity within the Trade sector in order to achieve regional budget for sales and profit, with line management responsibility for Trade Direct Territory Managers within the designated zone.
To develop and increase business by achieving sales and margin targets and to improve customer experience, develop long term sustainable relationships and deliver an increase in share of customer spend within the Zone.Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Communicate Company and Trade Direct strategy to all key decision makers within designated account base.
- Deliver both volume and margin budgets.
- Identify opportunities for business growth
- Undertake all administrative tasks in support of sales to meet departmental requirements.
- Plan and implement visits to new and existing customers
- Be a champion of customer service resulting in a positive customer experience.
- Prepare account plans for all designated accounts and monitor on a regular basis.
- Create and deliver quarterly business plans.
- Arrange quarterly business reviews with all Territory Managers
- Represent the company at exhibitions and trade shows as required.
- Responsibility for collection of debt in relation to “Receivables” on designated accounts
- Work within the Company Values
- Direct, support, develop, manage and motivate the salesforce in order to achieve maximum sales from their respective areas.
- To be responsible for compiling with Regional Controllers and delivering quarterly regional business plans
- Develop and maintain effective communication with other managers and departments to ensure that the business is maximising on all sales opportunities.
- Plan and implement field sales appraisals
- Input into National strategies with National NPC Manager
- Select and recruit new direct reports with assistance from HR as appropriate
- Manage direct reports, with guidance from HR Department, to ensure Company procedures and standards are being met using relevant performance management, grievance or disciplinary policies
- Communicate, explain and interpret Company procedures and policies to direct reports
- To accompany each Territory Manager for at least two full days in every working month
- To monitor the agreed KPI’s with the sales team and to report on their performance
- Networking with key accounts and understanding their strategy
- Particular projects can be required to analyse segments of the business and exploring the ways for continuous improvement within the trade sector
- Responsible for the organisation and smooth running of sales meetings
- Maintain agreed procedures and standards regarding Company vehicles, equipment and property, Health & Safety and other statutory requirements
- Monitor and control holidays and sickness and make contingency plans
- There may be occasions when working outside of normal hours will be required, including weekend work; customer entertaining, Trade Exhibitions, etc.
The ideal candidate will be:-
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- 6-8 years sales experience
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- Negotiating skills
- Communication skills
- Company operations knowledge
- High degree of knowledge of the UK trade market desirable but not essential
This is a field based role, benefits include 25 days holiday, pension scheme, company car, bonus and service rewards. Salary is up to £39,000 per annum.
If you are interested in working for this global organisation and feel you have all the essential skills and experience that my client is looking for please click apply or alternatively give me a call on 07464 541768 to discuss in more detail.Bluestones Logistics Ltd are acting as an employment business recruiting on behalf of their clients.