Digital Design Coordinator
We are currently working with an award winning building services design consultancy based in Central London.
Due to a major increase in workload, we currently require a Digital Design Co-ordinator to join their growing team in Central London.
The Digital Design Co-ordinator will need to be a highly-experienced individual with good, working knowledge of BIM level 2 compliance as well as UK industry BIM standards and workflows in a MEP environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering projects to comply with contractual BIM protocols and documentation such as Employer's Information Requirements (EIR), the BIM Execution Plan (BEP), a Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP), and a Task Information Delivery Plan (TIDP), as well as liaising with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with all the above.
The Digital Design Co-ordinator must have strong, hands-on experience with various BIM authoring tools such as Autodesk Revit, and BIM coordination tools such as Autodesk Navisworks Manage, and Solibri.
Good experience in AutoCAD, drawing output from Revit, and good 2D draftsmanship is also desirable.
Skills and Experience Required
* Broad high-level production experience in BIM, MEP design and MEP drafting
* MEP engineering formal qualifications or relevant MEP experience
* Possess in-depth working knowledge of BIM protocols and BIM implementation
* Experience in working with various CDE's.
* Experience with BIM data validation and verification
* Experience in project BIM co-ordination on medium to large scale projects.
* Experience in BIM project protocol documents such BEPs, EIRs, TIDPs and the MIDPs (Master Information Delivery Plan)
* Working knowledge of IFC file creation and management, as well as COBie
* Very good knowledge of UK BIM Standards and workflows and the ability to work with various stakeholders in order to ensure EIR, BEP, and BIM Level 2 compliance
* Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
* Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed, and determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
* Must have computer experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications and database software
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must uphold company values and lead by example
* Must be a self-motivated and possess the desire to pursue continued education on BIM
* Possess the ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
* Keep up to date on best practices for use of Revit MEP and other BIM authoring tools
* Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with other BIM capable tools
* Be an expert user of BIM authoring tools, especially Revit MEP and MagiCAD
* Be an expert user of BIM collaboration tools such as Navisworks Manage and Solibri
* Be a power user of CAD applications, especially AutoCAD
* Experience with collaboration platforms such BIMcollab and Autodesk's A360 is highly desirable
* Responsible for Team BIM standards implementation, compliance checking, and quality assurance based on industry guidelines and frameworks defined by UK standards documents, including; BS1192:2007, PAS1192-2, BS8541-1, the AEC (UK) BIM Protocols, as well as
the company's standards and procedures.
* Responsible for project EIR and BEP implementation and compliance.
* Identify best practice based on processes outlined by organisations such as CIBSE, BSRIA, CIC, CPIx, and the RIBA Plan of Work 2013.
* Have experience in delivering projects based on the Uniclass classification system.
* Troubleshooting basic problems in Revit and AutoCAD for the Team (Red, Yellow, Blue).
* Liaison with internal support staff and other support channels where applicable.
* Identify relevant BIM training requirements within the team and communicate such requirements to HR
* Identify staff who require Knowledge Smart assessments in Revit and AutoCAD
* Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM, as required; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams
* Support project standards co-ordination with internal Team member and other stakeholders within the business
* Where appropriate, assist on project production work such as modelling and drafting
* Assist project teams in BIM project setup such as Revit Templates
* Create Revit families in response to project and business requirements
* Help resolve BIM-based design coordination issues
* Coordinate wi