Business Development Manager - Van Rentals
Job Title – Business Development Manager - Van Rentals
Department/Sector – Sales
Job Location – London - Heathrow Airport
Salary – £40k basic with a £70k OTE + Car + Benefits
To apply you must have van rental experience
The Business Development Manager position is an integral part of the sales team driving the growth of the commercial van rental sector.
Our client has developed a range of products suitable for the needs of Small to Medium sized businesses and through your proactive approach you will identify companies with a rental requirement and create interest in the services our client offers.
In the role you will be reporting to the Head of Van Operations, working in a professional fast paced environment.
You will be responsible for generating new sales within the SME sector in their geographical area and evolving them into long term profitable relationships.
This is a vital and demanding role within the business and calls for a high energy, sales orientated and ‘hungry’ individual.
- Prospecting, signing and managing accounts effectively and profitably to achieve monthly revenue and on-hire targets
- Development and growth of new business
- Work with the Van hub and super site network to increase the quality and volume of leads and identify field based opportunities
- Develop and implement a new business sales plan
- Identify and self-generate new leads and opportunities
- Plan daily activity to ensure focus on sales and KPI targets
- Ensure activity is recorded accurately on all accounts and prospects via Salesforce (CRM)
- Ensure written and verbal customer communication is accurate, professional and timely
Key Skills/Experience Needed:
- Excellent new business sales skills, able to self-generate opportunities
- A strong communicator, able to objection handle, negotiate and close decision makers
- Customer focused with solid experience in B2B sales
- Proven track record of target achievement in recent role
- Works well under pressure. Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport at all levels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Ambitious and target driven
- Positive, energetic, and self-motivated with the drive to seize opportunity