Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Hotel Manager to join the team based in Exeter. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a highly competitive salary of up to £24,000 per annum.
The job in a nutshell
As our Hotel Manager you will provide the highest quality customer experience and to maximise repeat business. You would be responsible for motivating and engaging each department of the hotel in order to maximise core key drivers.
What you’ll be doing as our Hotel Manager
- Review customer feedback and insight reports to create action plans that will improve the customer experience
- Operate your hotel in a way that promotes equality, diversity and inclusion
- Provide new starters with a great induction experience to set them up for success
- Train and develop your team by setting objectives and conducting regular performance and development reviews
- Hold daily huddle meetings with team members to ensure they are focused on appropriate activities
- Manage all costs within budget in particular payroll, laundry and key operational costs
-Input forecast and target payroll hours into the people system and ensuring that rotas are planned and communicated effectively
- Work with revenue managers to ensure the hotel maximises sales opportunities, providing insight and intelligence into any local events
- Our Hotel Manager will maximise food and beverage sales (where applicable) by cross and up selling
- Ensure the team follow all company cash handling policies and procedures and are carrying out accurate reconciliation
- Ensure all maintenance jobs are logged promptly and work closely with Technical Services colleagues to ensure issues are resolved quickly
- Keep colleagues and customers safe by ensuring the hotel meets its legislative requirements
- Ensure that public area cleaning is completed
- Support other hotels within reasonable proximity when required
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as experience. The ones we look for in every team member are Care for People; Attention to Detail and Drive for Results
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a large UK footprint but retain a small company feel. You can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do and every day is different. We value diversity and want you to bring your personality to work.
Reward and recognition
You will earn a competitive salary and be entered in the hotel bonus scheme. You can also expect to enjoy generous room and food discounts, as well as friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
You can expect full training with a detailed induction programme on joining the company. Career progression is encouraged whether that be to larger, more complex hotels or into support centre roles.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Hotel Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!