Voice Engineer / UC Engineer
Your new role
As the UC Engineer / Voice Engineer you will manage and own support tickets in relation to existing customer services, troubleshooting a range of UC issues. As a 2nd Line UC Engineer you will be dealing with a range of UC related faults for our customers and gain hands on experience on the front end of our Broadsoft platform.
We are seeking candidates with some commercial experience working within a UC/Voice technical support role that are keen to learn from an inspirational manager and your technically advanced team members. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation that takes PRIDE in our culture and one team spirit.
Some of your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line Unified Communications technical support, ensuring all support tickets are kept up-to-date and faults are resolved with the agreed customer SLA
- Escalate customer faults to the UC Specialist Team and liaise with 3rd party suppliers for fault resolution when appropriate
- Assist with R&D as a key member of the UC team
- Work closely with and develop strong working relationships with the UC Specialist, UC Architect, Service Delivery and VoIP Provisioning teams
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to other teams members assisting with personal development
What you’ll need to succeed
At Exponential-e we each have a personal responsibility in delivering excellence. To undertake the role of UC Engineer / Voice Engineer you must have ambition to be the best you can be.
Competencies required for this role include and are not restricted to:
- Experience working in a technical support environment dealing with Voice / UC related issues (e.g. Telecoms, UC, Telephony, SIP, Voice, VoIP, cloud PBX, phone systems)
- Ability to demonstrate good troubleshooting knowledge
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple technical support tickets within a busy service desk environment
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and be a self-starter
Desirable experience for this role, not required but would be advantageous, includes:
- Knowledge of routers, switches and customer LAN environments
- Experience working on the Broadsoft platform
As a UC Engineer / Voice Engineer you must be confident in making decisions and finding solutions. As a company we are constantly striving for world class status by challenging the status quo to deliver competitive advantage.
What you’ll get in return
The role of a UC Engineer / Voice Engineer is filled with learning and development opportunities for an ambitious individual pursuing a career in this field. You will be supported by an excellent manager, part of a very friendly team, within a company striving to achieve world class status.
The salary range on offer for the role is £25,000-£30,000 per annum. Benefits you will receive include pension, 25 days annual leave, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans, local gym discounts, and vitality health cover. The working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00-5:30 with occasional out of hours work when required. This is an exciting role for any ambitious aspiring UC Engineer / Voice Engineer out there.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. We look forward to hearing from you!