We are expanding our Infrastructure team and looking for an outstanding systems engineer with a DevOps mentality to join us. You are passionate about information security and innovation; you believe their symbiotic relationship and continuously improving to strengthen that relationship.
The team is on a mission, empowered and self-organizing. We proactively work to constantly improve our process and skills, we 'automate the heck out of everything' to help ourselves and fellow colleagues. We give respectful feedback, to each other so as to be ourselves, only better. We work hard to deliver highly available quality solution for everyone to enjoy.
- Administration and maintenance of system and network infrastructure with a DevOps mentality including:
- Linux/Unix/FreeBSD hosts
- Backup or restore of system images and data.
- Hardening and monitoring of security of hosts and network devices.
- Maintain service availability, reliability, performance and facilitate incident response
- Ensure that the network is operating at optimum performance and with high availability by continually reviewing areas of improvement.
- Research technologies, prototype their use and recommend the optimum solution for a given problem.
- Monitor and maintain service availability.
- Ensure procedures are documented.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
- Follow up on requests, deployments & incidents/issues (including escalation) and ensure proper and timely closure.
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity exercises.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance and reliability of systems.
- Proven in-depth experience with a large and complex infrastructure environment
- Must have senior level of administration experience with Linux/Unix/FreeBSD
- Strong coding or scripting experience (C/C++, Java, Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Experience with automation for server deployment for instance Chef/Cobbler, Ansible or Puppet
- Like to document things and strong believer of its virtues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly recommended
- Participate in on-call rota 1 week in 4
- Experience of a regulated environment (banking / security) is ideal
- Strong verbal and communications skills
- Bonus points for knowledge in PKI, cryptographic development or speaks Japanese