This dynamic residential developer are a company destination of choice, building en enviable product and reputation into the bargain.
The Purpose of the role:
- To Manage all External Consultants of the Technical Team in the production of drawings for the design of site developments, to an internal brief from the management Team, to be negotiated with and submitted to the appropriate authorities for speedy and satisfactory approvals in order to unlock and maximise development potential & meet the business objectives.
- Assessment of potential developments and production of detailed technical reports, including site visits with the appropriate members of the management team to ensure the best cost engineered solution is produced for the land (or vice versa).
- Effective daily management of the design Team (Internal and External) to ensure the provision of required level of services in a pro-active and professional manner to enable other departments to fulfil their role.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company's needs.
- Co-ordinate production information to a written programme to ensure company targets are met for a controlled and cost effective finish to the sites.
- Provide drawings to site on a weekly basis & as appropriate.
- Establish and enforce quality and standards in schemes, and maintain the good image of the company.
- Ensure that schemes are designed to Redrow standards to suit building, marketing and economic considerations, as well as be competitive in design terms: the schemes are produced within a time limit to suit programme deadlines (Building and Marketing) and must take into account many external factors e.g. Local Authority Planning and Highways, Drainage undertakers, Drainage Boards, Service companies, Local Committees, Action Groups and Resident issues as required.
- Production of engineering site feasibilities as instructed by the land department, with liaison with heads of department & outside authorities and agencies to ensure complies with the required standards and business needs.
- Establish good working relationships with Site staff and Department Heads to ensure schemes are constructed as intended and to encourage feedback for inclusion in future schemes to avoid wastage and improve the engineered solutions.
- Comply with responsibilities as defined in the Group's Health, Safety & Environment Policy and ensure compliance with the same throughout the team.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- Develop good working relationships with Local Authorities and ensure knowledge of the peculiarities of the Local Authorities, and knowledge of the many techniques applicable to the Housing Industry to ensure easy approvals and fast, marketable, economic house building.
- Undertake the role of Planning Supervisor for the developments allocated to the Engineering Manager.
- Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life. The focus in this role is both:-
- Internal: Colleagues within Homes Division and Group Technical and Health & Safety team; and
- External: All Consultants, Local Authority departments and Local Planning Committees, adopting authorities.
- Decision Making Authority:
- Consultants Fees and Pre-development Costs
- These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.