Health and Safety Advisor - Construction
HSEQT Advisor - Carpentry & Joinery
Salary up to £50,000 depending on experience
Our client was incorporated in 1997 and is an established company with their head office in North West London soon to be moving to Kings Langley. They provide Carpentry & Joinery solutions on either a Labour & Plant or Labour Plant & Materials basis and undertake New Build or Refurbishment of existing buildings in the Commercial, Residential, Industrial, Retail and Health sectors.
About the Role
Due to organic growth they now have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated HSEQT Advisor
They require an ambitious and capable Health & Safety professional, with bags of energy, enthusiasm and ability, who is keen to take the initiative.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate having the ability to drive a positive culture change relating to all Heath, Safety, Environment, Quality & Training issues, with the determination to improve our existing HSEQT standards.
Your role as dedicated HSEQT Advisor will be to conduct pro-active and re-active monitoring of our projects across the company, to safeguard our employees and to significantly improve the Group’s Health, Safety, Quality, Environment & Training performance. Responsibilities will include
• Provide positive assistance to site on HSEQT issues, spending appropriate time on each site to adequately address issues and monitor compliance.
• Carrying out audits and inspections on site where required and ensure non-conformances are closed out.
• Assist in Project set up, pre-planning of works and safe systems of work.
• Assisting in development of project specific risk registers and assessments.
• Assist in project specific training matrix development, delivery of training and Tool Box Talks upon request.
• Carrying out re-active monitoring including accident, incident & near miss investigations.
• Monitoring and assisting in the assessment of sub-contractors.
• Liaise with external bodies, organisations & positively represent the company as required.
This role will be covering our spread of projects. The successful candidate will ideally have worked as a HSEQT Advisor previously and will ideally have knowledge of carpentry and joinery services.
• NEBOSH General or equivalent – minimum
• Outstanding management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work, under pressure in a busy environment
• To communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with colleagues and customers
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Use of Microsoft Office applications Our company is full of passionate and capable people who are great team players. We need a like-minded HSEQT professional to join our team and play a major role in shaping our company into the future.
If you and are keen to progress your career with an employer who cares about the wellbeing and satisfaction of their staff, please apply to Anna Maguire